Guidelines for a Fun Zoo Visit
Please help us care for the many wonderful animals and plants at the zoo by following a few simple guidelines:
- Stay on public pathways and don’t climb safety fences.
- Don’t knock on glass windows or throw things to get the animals’ attention – it frightens them.
- Don’t feed the animals or birds – they’ve already eaten.
- Don’t approach animals without permission from zoo staff.
- Walk, don’t run – take your time to enjoy your visit.
- Spare change? Donate to our conservation wishing wells. Don’t throw coins in ponds or fish tanks; they can be very harmful to our animals and birds.
- Smell the flowers and enjoy their beauty, but leave them in the gardens for others to enjoy.
- Respect other visitors – keep the noise down, act safely, no profanity; shirts and shoes required.
- Leave the following articles at home: pets, rollerblades/skates, heelies, skateboards, scooters, bicycles and tricycles, balls, balloons and Frisbees.
- Smokers – please use the designated smoking areas shown on the map and dispose of your cigarette butts in the receptacles provided.
- Photo/Video Image Use Policy: During your visit you may be filmed, videotaped or photographed. Your admission to the zoo serves as permission for use of your image by the Calgary Zoological Society. The commercial use of photographs, video and film you take during your visit is strictly prohibited without full written consent.
Thanks – we hope you have a great visit to the zoo!